By: Executive Chef Manie Ushka
(Bellissimo, Winnipeg MB)
½ cup of boiling water
¼ cup of porcini mushroom
1 lbs Christmas sausage
1 tsp oil
1 medium diced onion
2 cloves garlic minced
1 ½ cups julienne butternut squash
1 tsp rubbed sage
1 pinch rubbed thyme
1 oz hard cider
1 cup 35% cream
1 tsp fresh sage, chiffonade
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp coarse salt
- pour water over the dried porcini, rehydrate and then rough cut.
- bake the Christmas sausage for 30 min at 355° F.
- heat the oil until smoking, then add onion, squash, garlic and herbs. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- add and simmer the hard cider and cream for 30 minutes.
- slice the Christmas sausage diagonally and add to sauce along with the sage chiffonade, the smoked paprika the salt and black pepper at your discretion.
- cook 3 kg of Nature’s Pasta™ Classic Pappardelle in lots of boiling water until just done – then add to sauce and combine well.
- garnish with pastry and serve.