By: Shaun Ursell (Bonfire Bistro, Winnipeg MB)
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
⅓ cup sliced red onion
½ Tbsp pureéd garlic (finely chopped)
½ Tbsp lemon juice
⅓ cup white wine
⅓ cup 35% whipped cream
½ cup sugar snap peas (thinly sliced)
½ cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 Tbsp parsley, sage and thyme (finely chopped)
2 cups Nature's Farm Penne (cooked)
salt and pepper to your discretion
- Over medium heat, melt butter with oil, add the red onion and garlic
- Sauté lightly until onions begin to cook, add white wine, lemon juice, and cream
- Bring to a boil. Add prawns and scallops, peas and tomatoes.
- Reduce until sauce has thickened slightly and seafood is cooked.
- Combine with penne and toss to coat noodles.
- Season with chopped herbs, salt and pepper.