By: Traditional German Recipe
35 oz Nature's Farm Country Style Fresh Spätzle
3 tablespoons butter
¼ cup minced shallots (or onion if you can’t find shallots)
3 cups mushrooms
2 ½ cups beef broth
¼ cup flour
¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add shallots, sauté until clear.
- Toss in mushrooms
- Pour flour in separate bowl and slowly whisk in beef broth. Adding wet to dry helps prevent lumps.
- Pour beef broth mixture into mushroom pan and boil 5–10 minutes until thickened. Stir often to avoid sticking.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add Spätzle and heat; top with sauce.